Friday, February 15, 2008

Technology meltdown

It's been quite a week--a host of technologies, old and new, have been acting up in my world--working poorly, not working at all, gumming up the works nonstop. Here's a list of technologies in my life that have required repair, replacement, or reworking this week:

refrigerator
car
cell phone
iPod
DVD recorder
email program

And now a child and his father beset by icky flu-like bugs. I will return to a happy place soon, I will return to a happy place soon, I will return to a happy place soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you break the screen of an I-Pod within a year of purchase, at my local store they "repair" it by charging you $250 for a new one. My other strategy is buying all the things likely to break (I-Pod) or get lost or stolen (shades) on Amex, which refunds new purchases within 90 days.